Sadie’s Spotlight Interviews L.J. Ambrosio, Author of “A Reservoir Man!”




Do you snack while writing? Favorite snack?


Yes I snack on Gummy Bears. My favorite snack, besides Gummy Bears is chex mix.

Where do you write?

In my office, it is a glass-enclosed space that overlooks my garden, a beagle is nearby.

Do you write every day?

No.

What is writing schedule?

My schedule is when I’m moved to tell my story.

Is there a specific ritualistic thing you do during your writing time?

Yeah, I get my Coffee!

In today’s tech savvy world, most writers use a computer or laptop. Have you ever written parts of your book on paper?

Yes I took continuity notes in my journal of character name changes, and a rough outline.

Do you have another profession besides writing?

Yes, representing talent and producing films.

How long have you been writing?

Not long, though in my early twenties I had a number of narrative poems published. I just discovered the pen now at my ripe old age.

Do you ever get writer’s block? What helps you overcome it?

No.

What is your next project?

A continuation of Michael’s story from “A Reservoir Man.” The title is tentatively “Reflections.”

What genre do you write and why?

Fictional memoir because I find them to be more emotional and truthful, I can share my insights with the reader.

What is the last great book you’ve read?

I don’t read anymore. I read most of the masters and learned from their insight. I had read so many books until I arrived at “Celine’s Journey To The End of The Night.” I arrived at the end of the search and a different one began. There are many good writers today but I learned their insights long ago, and other than a change of costumes, they reach the same reality, maybe in a different language.